1. The Tree of Concealment – Genesis 3:8.
(We see Adam, the man behind a tree)
2. The Tree of Convenience – Luke 19:4.
(We see Zacchaeus, the man up a tree)
3. The Tree of Complacency – John 1:48.
(We see Nathanael, the man beneath a tree)
4. The Tree of Commitment – Psalm 2:1-3.
(We see the Saints, planted like a tree, see further down)
5. The Tree of Crucifixion – Matthew 27:38-44.
(We see the Lord Jesus, nailed to a tree)
Deuteronomy 21:23/Galatians 3:13.
Planted like a Tree.
Key verses: Jeremiah 17:7-8. Psalm 1:1-3.
Psalm 1 shows us a:
- A Safeguarded Life – verse 2.
(From the ungodly, sinners, the scornful)
- A Spiritual Life – verse 2.
(Blessed with joy through obedience)
- A Successful Life – verse 3. We see:-
- Prominence (like a tree)
- Permanence (planted by the Lord)
- Position (by the rivers of water)
- Productivity (bearing fruit in season)
- Perpetuity (leaf does not wither)
- Prosperity (everything we do)