GOD’S WORD HID IN OUR HEARTS.
PSALM 119:9-16. BETH.
The Key Verse is 11 - ‘Your word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You’
The Scriptures teach us the best way of living, the noblest way of suffering, and the most comfortable way of dying. John Flavel 1627-1691.
With this in mind we can see:-
1. THE VIRTUE OF HIS WORD.
- CLEANSING US DAILY IN OUR WALK– VERSE 9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanses his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy Word.
- CONTROLLING US DAILY IN OUR WALK – VERSE 10. With my whole heart have I sought Thee. O let me not wander from Thy commandments.
- CORRECTING US DAILY IN OUR WALK– VERSES 11-12. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. Blessed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy statutes.
2. THE VALUE OF HIS WORD.
- WE MUST PROCLAIM IT – VERSE 13. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of Thy mouth.
HOW? WITH DILIGENCE – verse 13a (Open your mouth) and WITH DARING – verse 13b (Declare with the mouth)
- WE MUST PRIZE IT – VERSES 14-15. I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways.
WHY? BECAUSE IT IS PRICELESS – verse 14 (Worth more than gold and silver) and IT IS PRACTICAL – verse 15 (Guides and grows)
- FINALLY WE MUST PROVE IT – VERSE 16. ‘I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.’