MESSIAH CLAIMANT LIST TO DATE
- Judas son of Hezekiah (Ezekias) (c. 4 BCE)
- Simon (c. 4 BCE)
- Athronges (c. 4-2? BCE)
- Theudas (44-46) in the Roman province of Judea
- Menahem ben Judah partook in a revolt against Agrippa II in Judea
- Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War
- Moses of Crete (5th century)
- Isa ben Ya’ub Obadiah Abu ‘Isa al-Isfahani of Ispahan lived in Persia during the reign of the Umayyad Caliph ‘Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan (684-705).
- Yudghan, lived and taught in Persia in the early eighth century disciple of Isa ben Ya’ub Obadiah Abu ‘Isa al-Isfahani of Ispahan
- Serene (Sherini, Sheria, Serenus, Zonoria, Saüra) (c. 720)
- David Alroy or Alrui (c. 1160)
- Abraham Abulafia (b. 1240)
- Nissim ben Abraham (c. 1295) active in Avila.
- Moses Botarel of Cisneros (c. 1413)
- Asher Lemmlein (1502) a German near Venice.
- David Reuveni and Solomon Molko early sixteenth century.
- Isaac Luria (or, Yitzhak Luria) (1534-1572), noted Kabbalist
- Hayim Vital (1542-1620)
- Sabbatai Zevi (alternative spellings: Shabbetai, Sabbetai, Shabbesai; Tvi, Tzvi) (1626-1676)
- Barukhia Russo (Osman Baba), succesor of Sabbatai Zevi.
- Miguel (Abraham) Cardoso (b. 1630)
- Mordecai Mokia ("the Rebuker") of Eisenstadt (active 1678-1683)
- Jacob Querido (d. 1690), said to be the reincarnation of Shabbetai Zevi.
- Israel ben Eliezer (1698-1760), also known as the Ba’al Shem Tov and founder of the Hasidism movement.
- Löbele Prossnitz (Joseph ben Jacob), early eighteenth century
- Jacob Joseph Frank (1726-1791), founder of the Frankist movement.
- R. Nachman of Bratslav early (1772-1811)
- Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902-1994)
(John 5:43) I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive Me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
The above lists fulfils this prophetic statement of Yeshua!
(John 5:45) Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
(John 5:46) For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me.
(Deuteronomy 18:15) The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto Him ye shall hearken;
(Deuteronomy 18:18) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
(Deuteronomy 18:19) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.
(John 5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.